Report a power outage
North Central PPD is dedicated to providing its customers with reliable electric service, and we’re continually seeking innovative ways and taking advantage of new technologies to ensure we’re meeting that goal.
But, regardless of how hard we work, it’s impossible to eliminate all power outages. Some things are unfortunately beyond our control: For example lightning, high winds, ice or snow storms, transmission lines, a vehicle hitting a utility pole, a squirrel causing a short circuit, a mistake by tree trimmers or persons cutting firewood, construction workers digging into our lines, or electric equipment failure.
So, while we can’t completely eliminate power outages, we can help you cope with them. This section provides some helpful hints on what to do if the electricity goes off and where to call.
To report an outage, please call the following number:
Power Outage Guidelines
To expedite a service call or power outage, North Central asks that you please follow these simple guidelines before calling and have the necessary information available:
- Check your breakers or fuses.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have power.
- Provide the name the account is listed under.
- Provide the eight digit meter number located on the face of the meter for the service without power (this would be the best information you can provide to help North Central’s crews get to the correct location
- Provide the location number or legal description for the service without power (the location number can be found on your monthly billing statement).
- Provide the account number as listed on your monthly billing statement.
- Provide your name and a call back phone number just in case we have more questions.
Having this information ready will assure the quickest response time by North Central’s crews.
What to do During a Power Outage
- Stay away from downed power lines and broken utility poles. Do not attempt to remove trees or branches that may be in or near power lines!
- Check the fuses or breakers in your main electric panel.
- Notify North Central PPD immediately at 888-358-5112!
- If a family member is on a life support system, have previous arrangements made for possible transport to a location where their needs can be met.
IN THE EVENT OF A POWER OUTAGE YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AVAILABLE
- Cell Phone
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Blankets and warm clothing
- Portable radio with new batteries
- First Aid Kit and first aid manual
- Water and nonperishable food
Prepare an Emergency Kit
All customers should have some basic supplies on hand in order to survive for at least three days if an emergency occurs. Following is a listing of some basic items that every emergency supply kit should include. However, it is important that individuals review this list and consider where they live and the unique needs of their family in order to create an emergency supply kit that will meet these needs.
Individuals should also consider having at least two emergency supply kits, one full kit at home and smaller portable kits in their workplace, vehicle or other places they spend time.