Energy Efficiency Incentives
Residential & Commercial Incentive Program
|Cooling & System Check-Up||$30|
|Attic Insulation||$.15/sq.ft up to $300|
|Air Source Heat Pump Water Heater 1.9 Efficiency Factor||$300|
|Ground Source Heat Pump Water Heater 2.8 Efficiency Factor||$500|
|Air Source Heat Pump 15 SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$300|
|Air Source Heat Pump 16 SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$600|
|Air Source Heat Pump 3 or more Stages||$600|
|Air Source Heat Pump 18+ SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$900|
|Air Source Heat Pump Variable Capacity||$900|
|Ground Source Heat Pump Any EER||$1800|
|Variable Water Source Heat Pump||$2500|
|Electric Vehicle Charging Station – Level two residential station only||$200|
|Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Corner System Irrigation||$12 per horsepower rate of drive|
|Custom Irrigation up to $350 on Irrigation Pump Test||Up to $.10 per KWH saved on annual basis|
|Agricultural Incentive Hog Heat Mat – 12” x 36”||$40|
|Agricultural Incentive Hog Heat Mat – 24” x 36”||$80|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Electric Heat (Professionally Installed)||$100|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Electric Heat (Customer Installed)||$75|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Fossil Fuel Heat (Professionally Installed)||$50|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Fossil Fuel Heat (Customer Installed)||$25|
*Heating and cooling equipment must be ENERGY STAR® rated to qualify for incentive.
Incentive Program Details
- Heat Pump incentives apply to installations involving Heat Pumps of 15 SEER or greater.
- The above Incentives are effective for all equipment installed after January 1, 2017.
- Cooling system checkup incentive is limited to once every three years per residence or business. Please contact our office for a Cooling System Check-Up application form or click on this link Energy Efficiency Cooling & Heating System Check-Up Form to print out the form.
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Certificate will be required for 15 SEER or higher or EnergyStar Certificate.
- During the preparation phase of any building project, be sure to contact North Central PPD for accurate construction and rebate planning.
- All eligible Commercial & Industrial Lighting projects require installation of LED technology.
- To receive an incentive for a heat pump follow these easy steps:
- The homeowner selects an ENERGY STAR qualified heat pump (15 SEER or higher, and 8.2 HSPF or higher) (HSPF – heating season performance factor).
- The installing contractor; 1) performs a Performance Verification Test on the System, 2) records the results on the High Efficiency Heat Pump Verification Application form (print form here) and 3) Signs it.
- The homeowner signs and submits the application to North Central PPD, PO Box 90, Creighton NE 68729.
- Once North Central PPD receives the High Efficiency Heat Pump Verification Application form and confirms the information, the applicable incentive will be mailed to the homeowner.
Tax Credit Resources
To learn about the latest in federal tax credits or incentives for energy efficiency projects go to the following website:
Not all ENERGY STAR qualified homes and products qualify for a tax credit. These tax credits are available for a number of products at the highest efficiency levels, which typically cost much more than standard products. If, for whatever reason, you decide not to purchase a product covered by the tax credit, you may still consider purchasing an ENERGY STAR product. ENERGY STAR distinguishes energy efficient products which, although they may cost more to purchase than standard models, will pay you back in lower energy bills within a reasonable amount of time, without a tax credit.
Additional Incentive Options
Nebraska Dollar and Energy Saving Loans are offered statewide by the Nebraska Energy Office and the state’s lending institutions. The interest rate is 5%* or less. (*annual percentage rate)
Many common home, building or system energy improvementsqualify for financing. These projects are generally cost-effective and can be financed with a low-interest loan for up to ten years, or for five years for appliances.
The Nebraska Energy Office administers this program. For more details go to Nebraska Energy Office or please contact:
Public Information – IRS
Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington DC 20224