Energy Efficiency Incentives
Residential & Commercial Incentive Program
|Cooling & System Check-Up||$30|
|Attic Insulation||$.15/sq.ft up to $300|
|Air Source Heat Pump Water Heater 1.9 Efficiency Factor||$400|
|Ground Source Heat Pump Water Heater 2.8 Efficiency Factor||$650|
|Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump 15+ SEER, 12.5 EER, 8.5 HSPF||$400|
|Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump Variable Capacity (inverter driven*)||$600|
|Air Source Heat Pump 15 SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$400|
|Air Source Heat Pump 16 SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$800|
|Air Source Heat Pump 18+ SEER, 8.5 HSPF||$1200|
|Air Source Heat Pump Variable Capacity||$1200|
|Ground Source Heat Pump Any EER||$2400|
|Variable Water Source Heat Pump||$3300|
|Electric Vehicle Charging Station – Residential Vehicle Station||$500|
|Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Corner System Irrigation||$12 per horsepower rate of drive|
|Custom Irrigation up to $350 on Irrigation Pump Test||Up to $.10 per KWH saved on annual basis|
|Prescriptive Irrigation – Pivots 4 spans or longer||$500|
|Agricultural Incentive Hog Heat Mat – 12” x 36”||$40|
|Agricultural Incentive Hog Heat Mat – 24” x 36”||$80|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Electric Heat (Professionally Installed)||$100|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Electric Heat (Customer Installed)||$75|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Fossil Fuel Heat (Professionally Installed)||$50|
|Smart Thermostat Primarily Fossil Fuel Heat (Customer Installed)||$25|
*Heating and cooling equipment must be ENERGY STAR® rated to qualify for incentive.
Incentive Program Details
- Heat Pump incentives apply to installations involving Heat Pumps of 15 SEER or greater and are Energy
Star Rated. AHRI Certificate will be required.
- Incentive dollars are effective for all equipment installed after January 1, 2020.
- Cooling system checkup incentive is limited to once every three years per residence or business.
- During the preparation phase of any building project, be sure to contact North Central PPD for accurate
construction and rebate planning.
- All eligible Commercial & Industrial Lighting projects require installation of LED technology.
- All Commercial HVAC projects require 15 SEER or Above.
The following guidelines will generally apply. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Each incentive is per unit installed.
- An incentive payment will be paid to the owner of a residence after the equipment is installed, operating, and verified by the appropriate North Central designee. The owner of the residence must submit proof of purchase and installation to the district to receive any applicable incentive payment. At the discretion of the District, NCPPD personnel may conduct an inspection of equipment installed.
- Duplexes and condominiums will be considered residential (providing they are separately metered).
- “New” refers to new construction with new equipment.“Conversion” means that the primary source of heating and cooling will be replaced with a heat pump with any type fuel for back-up.“Upgrades” will qualify. Any heat pump to heat pump upgrade must be to a higher SEER (minimum of 15 SEER) and must be verified prior to any incentive payment being made. Replacing an air source heat pump with a ground source heat pump will qualify for an incentive payment just as will replacing an electric furnace and air conditioner with an air source or add-on heat pump.
- Additions and supplemental systems are not eligible for incentive payments unless they are large enough for their own dedicated heating and cooling system.
- Commercial incentives exist for Commercial HVAC units and Lighting as per NPPD’s Energywise Bulletins.
*Provide documentation that shows manufacturer, model number and that states the equipment is
Tax Credit Resources
To learn about the latest in federal tax credits or incentives for energy efficiency projects go to the following website:
Not all ENERGY STAR qualified homes and products qualify for a tax credit. These tax credits are available for a number of products at the highest efficiency levels, which typically cost much more than standard products. If, for whatever reason, you decide not to purchase a product covered by the tax credit, you may still consider purchasing an ENERGY STAR product. ENERGY STAR distinguishes energy efficient products which, although they may cost more to purchase than standard models, will pay you back in lower energy bills within a reasonable amount of time, without a tax credit.
Additional Incentive Options
Nebraska Dollar and Energy Saving Loans are offered statewide by the Nebraska Energy Office and the state’s lending institutions. The interest rate is 5%* or less. (*annual percentage rate)
Many common home, building or system energy improvementsqualify for financing. These projects are generally cost-effective and can be financed with a low-interest loan for up to ten years, or for five years for appliances.
The Nebraska Energy Office administers this program. For more details go to Nebraska Energy Office or please contact:
Public Information – IRS
Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington DC 20224